It looks as if everyone seems to be speaking about digital transformation, however what does it actually appear to be at a useful degree? What’s one of the simplest ways to get began? And what does it appear to be when it’s completed proper?
On this sequence, clients, companions, and thought leaders share their innovation tales and focus on how they’ve leveraged SAP Enterprise Expertise Platform to succeed in new heights. It’s an unfiltered have a look at the successes they’ve skilled, the teachings they’ve discovered, and the recommendation they’ve for others.
Allow us to have a look at what now we have discovered in our first 12 months earlier than we kick off the second 12 months of SAP BTP Higher Collectively: Buyer Conversations.
All through the previous 12 months, now we have spoken to clients, companions, and thought leaders from everywhere in the world, in a variety of industries and features of enterprise, with the purpose of highlighting the individuals behind the innovation journeys.
Every episode has 4 elements: my introductory weblog that gives an summary of the episode, a thought-leadership podcast hosted by Tamara McCleary, a LinkedIn dialog hosted by me, after which my wrap-up weblog with key takeaways.
We start on the macro degree, discussing the important concepts, motivating forces, and shifts within the business which can be inspiring our clients’ digital transformation, and we finish at a micro-level by breaking down the precise steps they took to attain their targets. We intention to fulfill clients on the channel of their alternative, at no matter level they’re of their journey, and provide each high-level inspiration and sensible suggestions.
I sat down with my co-host, Tamara McCleary, to have a look at our first 12 months of buyer conversations. We mentioned the key themes, the large surprises, the important thing takeaways, and our predictions for the following 12 months.
Right here’s our dialog:
The First Yr
Tamara McCleary: Timo, once you look again in any respect the tales we explored, is there a typical theme that stands out to you? What have you ever discovered in regards to the companies that you just won’t have in any other case recognized?
Timo Elliott: The most important factor for me is simply the win-win-win alternatives we constantly heard. Prospects had been capable of elevate their experiences as they improved their backside line and launched extra sustainable practices. These examples of triple wins got here up repeatedly.
Tamara McCleary: Sure! The triple wins stood out to me, too. It looks as if the frequent thread in these tales is that they’ve a company-wide imaginative and prescient. Digital transformation is a big change — change administration have to be a part of the technique. You should harness the ability of getting the entire group working towards the identical purpose.
Timo Elliott: Precisely. And what about surprises? What was most surprising for you?
Tamara McCleary: I used to be blown away by the agility and suppleness we’ve seen in these firms. There’s an openness that I discover inspiring. As a graduate scholar finding out the consequences of nascent applied sciences, this degree of transformative change is thrilling. Companies are not simply surviving in future-focused landscapes; they’re thriving. It’s fascinating. How about you, Timo? What was shocking to you?
Timo Elliott: I’ve to say, I used to be impressed by the sensible use of synthetic intelligence. We now have been speaking in regards to the potential for AI for a while, however now it has gone from aspirational to operational, and in lots of of those instances, AI was built-in into the muse of the digital transformations proper from the beginning.
Tamara McCleary: Sure! The hype degree round AI has been deafening for years. It’s like VR, the place it’s all the time the following large factor that’s simply across the nook. And now it’s lastly driving precise, concrete enterprise outcomes. Hopefully, meaning VR is subsequent! However let’s look forward: What do you count on to see in our second 12 months of Higher Collectively: Buyer Conversations?
Timo Elliott: I believe the function of IT has actually shifted and can proceed to shift. IT has develop into a lot greater than solely the technological aspect of a enterprise; it’s now the driving drive that shapes how the enterprise capabilities on the earth. And improvements like low-code / no-code options, robotic course of automation, and light-weight workflow instruments are enabling much more individuals all through the group to develop into lively members in digital transformation. That is going to unleash quite a lot of creativity, however can even require quite a lot of cultural change, and the true heroes are going to be the IT groups pushing the boundaries of what’s potential. I believe we’ll see much more of that in our second 12 months.
Tamara McCleary: That’s an enchanting level. I definitely hope to see extra of that subsequent 12 months.
Timo Elliott: Positively. What about you? What are your predictions?
Tamara McCleary: I believe we’ll see an excellent better concentrate on sustainability. We’re hitting the purpose the place sustainability and profitability are appropriate objectives, the place you don’t have to decide on one or the opposite. The extra profitable companies are making sustainability a major a part of their transformation. I believe it can solely develop into extra of a spotlight sooner or later. I’m excited to seek out out.
Be part of the Dialog
We’ve had a really phenomenal 12 months of digital transformation tales, and we’re simply getting began. Keep tuned for our second 12 months, coming quickly. Within the meantime,…
Watch the complete season one recap on YouTube to catch the highlights from every story featured within the first 12 months of the sequence.
Missed an episode? Make amends for sap.com/btp:
- Episode 1: Gates Company and NIMBL focus on the advantages of including sensible expertise to present manufacturing equipment
- Episode 2: Ferrara shares how real-time insights assist them develop their model by responding to their clients
- Episode 3: Endress+Hauser Digital Options shares how they leveraged their knowledge to pivot to a digital options firm
- Episode 4: Uniper shares how they’re fast-tracking innovation with automation from the plant to the sector, to the again workplace
- Episode 5: Costain Group PLC and Deloitte share how unifying knowledge improves infrastructure administration to scale back prices and emissions
- Episode 6: FARYS and Capgemini focus on driving water administration innovation with environment friendly, sustainable operations
- Episode 7: Lloyd’s Register shares how their predictive answer delivers subsequent degree asset perception and danger mitigation
- Episode 8: Flexso discusses how their automated HR answer will increase hiring velocity, accuracy, belief, and transparency for all
- Episode 9: DAIMAINI tells us how they turned the primary world market for VIP hospitality with a friction-free CX
- Episode 10: Evernex shares how a sustainable and wise answer is extending the lifetime of IT landscapes, worldwide
- Episode 11: Black Horse One explains how they remodeled the world of Dressage with the assistance of expertise.
- Episode 12: Heidelberg College Hospital discuss how they will work extra successfully with different hospitals and make greatest use of their sources.
Are there matters you’d wish to be taught extra about? Are you interested by sharing your story on a future episode? We’d love to listen to from you. Contact us for extra info.